Additive color and Subtractive color

 I would like to explain about The behavior of light and The behavior of pigment, because there is differences deriving the color. The light starts from darker color and derived color is lighter color than that darker color but the pigment's colors starts from lighter color and derived color is darker color than that lighter color.

        For this reason I will explain the additive colors starting with darker colors to derive lighter colors. As an example, I will use the red, green and blue color as darker colors  to derive colors of magenta, yellow and cyan colors that these colors are lighter than the colors of red, green and blue .

Additive color

As I mentioned above, when I talk about the additive color, You will understand I'm talking about the behavior of light.
At the left side you see a magenta colored book. the red, green and blue colors enlighten this book. you should see the book that is magenta color, this color is lighter color than the red, green and blue colors. look at the reflected colors that they are darker colors than the magenta colors. When I add these two reflected colors together I obtain the lighter color of magenta. For the reason of additon of reflected colors, I describe this situation as the additive color. But note that all of these colors are the colors formed by the light.



I will explain the Subtractive colors starting with lighter colors to derive darker colors. As an example, I will use the magenta, yellow and cyan colors as lighter colors to derive colors of  red, green and blue that these colors are darker than the colors of magenta, yellow and cyan.

Subtractive color

As I mentioned above, when I talk about the subtractive color, You will understand I'm talking about the behavior of pigment. 
As you seen the book on the left side, I want to make this book red color, only using lighter colors of magenta, yellow and cyan, instead of using red color. I have to stop the reflection of  blue and green colors, but reflect the red color to see the book red. How can I subtract these two green and blue colors from reflection, painting the book with suitable  pigment's colors of magenta, yellow or cyan. 

     




As I mentioned above I can only use magenta, yellow and cyan colors for making darker color of red as a pigment colors.
Lets think about when we paint the book with yellow color then we stop the reflection of blue color but reflect the red and green colors because of addition these two reflected colors red and green together will be the lighter color of yellow.







when we paint the book with magenta color then we stop the reflection of green color but reflect the red and blue colors because of addition these two reflected colors of red and blue together will be the lighter color of magenta.










You see using the only magenta and yellow pigment colors I stoped the reflection of blue and green colors but I have never stoped the reflection of red color painting with magenta and yellow colors.
         Then we can say if we add magenta color to yellow color then we can subtract the green and blue colors from reflection  but reflects the color of red. We describe the stuation of subtraction of colors from reflection  as subtractive color.
I would like to ask a question, what are the subtractive colors to obtain red color. These subtractive colors are magenta and yellow. In other words, if we add magenta to yellow we obtain red color.
______________________________________________________________________________
Other Subtitles for the subject of Color theory
______________________________________________________________________________

Hiç yorum yok :

Yorum Gönder

Ne Düşündüğünüzü Yazın (Comment)